Fun Time for Nurses: Christmas in Connecticut — Best Holiday Activities
Connecticut was made for Christmas. There really isn’t a better state in the country when it comes to celebrating Christmas.
From quaint, picturesque Christmas villages to hip urban Christmas vibes, Connecticut offers all of us so many holiday activity options.
I’ve researched a handful of the state favorites so you can spend more time enjoying the holidays and less time planning for them.
Here are our favorites:
Christmas Light Extravaganzas!
Christmas is the Season of Light and while the true meaning of this is deep and spiritual, we can also enjoy the many joyful Christmas light displays around our state.
- Hartford Holiday Light Fantasia — This is a 2-mile, awesome Christmas lights display through Goodwin Park with over 1 million lights to make you and your family “oooh” & “ahhhh” far into the night.
- New Haven’s 27th Annual Fantasy of Lights — Lighthouse Point Park shines with dozens of separate displays put together by local businesses, organizations, and artists all to benefit Goodwill of Southern New England.
- Holiday Lights at Lake Compounce — The amusement park is transformed into a winter wonderland with hundreds of thousands of lights and a spectacular musical light show every half hour.
Christmas Fun for Adults!
- Mystic Seaport’s Lantern Light Village — Stroll the village streets and travel back and forth in time between the modern Christmas we know and the 19th century Christmas we dream about. Enjoy food and shops and streetside entertainments.
- Christmas Town Festival in Bethlehem — Live holiday music fills the air as you meander through the town, sampling the local food and craft vendors.
- Essex Clipper Holiday Dinner Train — Decked out for the holidays, the beautiful 1920s Pullman dining cars will offer you a holiday experience like no other as you enjoy festive drinks and delicious meals.
Christmas Fun for Kids!
- Two Floors of Gingerbread Houses! — Visit the tiny library in South Windsor and enjoy a one-of-a-kind gingerbread exhibit. Dozens of fun, creative gingerbread houses will inspire your family to create your own!
- Greenwich Reindeer Festival and NEW Santa’s Workshop — Meet Santa and his reindeer at “The North Pole on North Street” where you can take pictures and enjoy holiday activities.
- Santa’s Trolley Winter Wonderland — Visit the unique Shoreline Trolley Museum and take a trolley trip with Santa … cookies and hot chocolate included! PLUS every child gets a special gift from Santa.
How can NursePower help you?
We save you time & effort
We give you peace of mind
We reduce your confusion