According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 30,000 people are diagnosed with Lyme disease each year in Connecticut. Our friends at PhysicianOne Urgent Care has given the following tips to protect you and your loved ones from tick bites and tick borne illnesses such as Lyme disease:
- Know where to expect ticks.
- Wear protective clothing.
- Use an insect repellent with DEET (on skin or clothing).
- Use Permethrin on clothing or gear.
- Prevent ticks on pets.
- Create tick safe zones in your yard.
- Discourage deer.
- Inspect your clothes and skin daily.
- Remove attached ticks quickly and correctly.
- Be alert for fever or rash.
We hope this helps to keep you all safe and sound at home! Click here to read more!